Pestle & Mortar
Pestle & Mortar products combine high performance active ingredients with nourishing natural extracts to create skincare products that are simple and effective.
Pestle & Mortar products are inspired by the founder’s heritage in Indian natural healing and powered by science. They've created a routine of products that are pure, safe and suitable for all skin types.
Enhance and protect that natural beauty.
Pestel & Mortar harness the powers of both science and nature to create skincare products that are innovative, effective and simple to understand. So that your skin gets exactly what it needs to look and feel its best every single day.
Pestle & Mortar Corporate Sustainable Ethos
By blending nourishing natural extracts with high performance active ingredients, Pestle & Mortar delivers simple solutions for beautiful skin. We know that you want to live a clean beauty life without the planet paying the price. We do too.
Sustainability is a journey that we have to take together. As a young brand, we’re not yet perfect but we’re obsessed with making continuous improvement with every decision we make. And we will keep you in the loop so that you can make intentional decisions to live the kind of beauty lifestyle you want.
Our Sustainability Journey to Date
Where we are
- All of our products and ingredients are certified vegan and cruelty-free.
- All of our products are made in the EU, with 80% made locally in Ireland which reduces our carbon footprint.
- We only use eco-friendly, water-based soy ink on our packaging.
- All of our cylinders are made from 100% recycled paper.
- We removed plastic shrink-wrap from all of our outer packaging
- Since 2019, all new products are 100% lamination and efoam free. Which means fully recyclable outer packaging.
- We repurpose shipping boxes and use 100% paper-based shipping materials – including paper tape, no bubble wrap, no air cushions – just 100% recycled and 100% recyclable paper packaging.
We encourage & educate our customers to dispose of their skincare containers correctly using the Empties Bag.
- A third of our products are packaged in glass bottles.
- We are constantly redesigning our packaging to ensure we are always striving towards a more sustainable option.
- We provide detailed breakdown of our products packaging and advise our customers how to sustainably dispose of each element.
Where we are going
- We are aiming to have 100% recyclable outer packaging for all products
- We’re actively working with evolving technology to redesign our plastic packaging so that we use more environmentally friendly solutions (fully recyclable components and/or coming from renewable sources).
- We’re swapping plastic containers for glass bottles wherever possible